Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pre-K

    Let me just say I was not looking forward to Sophia starting Pre-K only because its the end of her and I being stay at home mom/daughter...its the END, she will now and always be in school, I enjoyed so much being home with her for these years and it so sad to know it is over, and so quickly. But with the end comes beginnings! After taking and picking her up from her first day I did a 180 and loved the idea of her being in school. She loved it, and she needed it, she is a social butterfly who loves to learn, seeing her happy made me happy. It's only 3 days a week. Once we get closer to next year we will put her in 5 days so that she can acclimate better to Kindergarten.  Another plus is being able to spend more time with Brooke, more one on one, but also work with her more on her development like I was able to with Sophia. On the chalkboard I asked Sophia what she wanted to be when she grew up, her first answer was a Dragon!! I then said you can't be a dragon...she then replied a Firefighter! I left it at that, I didn't wand to persuade her answer.
    Sophia did well on her 4 year check up last month. I love how the checkups are changing, its less me and more her talking to the doctor. The doctor basically asked Sophia most of the questions in order to gage Sophia in conversions and see if she is where she needs to be. She did great and I was a proud mom seeing her be able to converse well with the doctor, I also love how her doctor does that. She's above average a bit in her height which obviously makes her above in her weight, knowing this makes me feel she is going to sprout tall very young, making people think she's going to be real tall, but really she is going to stop growing in the 8th grade and be short like mom and dad, I was the tallest kid from 3rd-7th grade now look at me, I'm not considered tall by any means.
   This is happening fast with her getting older, she is  a lot of fun to talk with, the things she says still makes me laugh daily. We went to the zoo this past weekend and Brooke was being Brooke and as we were walking I told Brooke she was going to go in time out because she was acting up, and my Sophia piped up, looked around the zoo and said "Where is she going to sit" it was adorable and I couldn't help but laugh because she called my bluff. Or for example, I'll say something to someone about my back hurting, then later in the day we'll be eating dinner she'll ask, "How was your day?" I'll reply, then she'll ask "How is your back?"  she really listens to all things that are said in this house retains it. I know all kids do this it's just neat to see the changes.
 




Fresh cut for school. 

I just like how silly Sophia was being


No comments:

Post a Comment