Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Current Events...

  There has been several times I’ve tried to post, and obviously it somehow never got done. So 3 months have past since last post and too much has happened to even try to blog about. I really like this blog to reference back memories and I would hate to stop, but with life and two little ones keeping your busy it's hard to find time. 
 Since then big moments was the lost of my Grandpa in September which was my first experience with loss, it was hard, then the loss of my grandma in December which was equally as hard. Life seems different without them and my poor mom losing both of her parents in the same year so close together was very hard. But they had great lives and left behind an amazing family. WE love and miss them dearly. 
  Thanksgiving we were in TX again but this year we were in San Antonio which was a different set up. But like always a good time to spend with the entire family together. I will say it held our first nightmare airport story. The girls were not feeling 100% during our travels and so when we were waiting in line for security back home from Dallas my Sophia got sick and vomited on the floor, right there, just splat as I handed the employee our tickets. I looked up shocked, speechless, I had no idea what to do! We just waited in line finally about to go through security, and now I have to what? leave and wait in line again. As I ran all options through my mind...splat again...oh heck! We of course rushed to a bathroom to make sure she was okay. I was so scared to fly with her sick...but we did and we managed. I felt so bad for Sophia but she was a trooper and she got through it. Christmas again we were in KC and was also a good time. This Christmas there was even more spirit with Sophia being at that perfect age I think...so far anyways. She loved all things Christmas, she put herself to bed early this year because she was too excited to get up in the morning. She could not sleep, she wanted to look for santa so she slept with her blinds open. It was so adorable. This  year we made sure not to place presents under the tree until Christmas, which made for a lot of work Christmas eve, but was totally worth it. Brookie was amazed Christmas morning with all the stuff in the living room, but she was kinda just randomly playing with all the toys as Sophia rapidly opened as many gifts as she could. It was a great Christmas with family. 
  New Years we spent the night with some friends who also has two little girls, it was a fun family New Years! Still working at Jack Stack part time, Rusty still with his job although he is home almost full time during these winter months, traveling should pick up more in spring. Sophia is still obsessed with school. Which I love. She's doing amazing, OH she had her first little Thanksgiving and Christmas programs at school, it was soooo adorable. I totally forgot there would be things like that, big fan big fan! She had her first experience with a boy being mean to her at school, it took a couple weeks to get through but she got over it and moved right along. I try hard to let the girls know that not everyone is always going to be nice to you, or like you, or want to play with you, and thats okay. The girls are friendly, and funny, and smart, if they don't want to be your friends its okay, your better off without them! (okay i leave out that last bit but you get it...)
   Thats my biggest fear of letting Sophia go off to Kindergarten. Homeschool crosses my mind often. With what you see in the news, of how kids younger and younger are literally fighting, the bullying and everything else, I will no longer have majority control of what she is exposed to! That frightens me to the core, but I also know this being on her own and going through school as she gets older will make her the person she will ultimately become. BUT GOSH, why is it so scary. I stayed up crying one night about it, I literally could not sleep because I kept thinking about it. I will be the mom without makeup, red faced, blotched out, puffed eyes,  with tissues galore dropping her off to school. Im exaggerating a bit, shell be amazing at school. Oh but don't think I won't be volunteering 30 hours a week at the school to make sure I see EVERYTHING! 
  Brookie, I can't wait to put her into their preschool next year. (well once she decides to be potty trained) I think I'm going to do 2 days a week starting off. She needs it, I pray she loves it as much as Sophia does. Although when we drop Sophia off she is all about wanting to go to school to. She needs the influence of other kids her age doing what they are supposed to do so that she will want to as well. Sophia is a very independent strong little girl, but Brooke is too. Although she is a different breed of it. She is still extremely stubborn and will do it all by herself, which I admire, except when it takes her 10 minutes to buckle her seatbelt and I should have left the garage 15 minutes ago. Potty training is .... I don't even know. We have tried almost everything, and not once till this day has she ever gone on the potty, we do big girl underwear, treats, stickers, everything and she does not want to. And if you don't know by know, Brookie doesn't do what she doesn't want to do. So its a slow process but I know when SHE decides she's ready, I guarantee she will be fully potty trained. She is one silly little daring girl. With all this stubbornness there is the extremely giving and caring side to her that shines. She's always had it, it just hides behind the stubbornness. But for her age it is amazing how caring she can be. 
  Life is good and I am blessed and thankful everyday. It is also a very busy life and sometimes its hard to slow down and just enjoy the moments, but we try often. 


Random photos all out of order, because I am that organized. 





1st christmas program/party at preschool

baking cookies

bedtime book

milk and cookies

so happy for new matching carseats




Christmas day fun

she's so spunky

kisses for our baby

naps with minnie mouse







waiting for pumpkin pie, after her thanksgiving program


she loves her daddy

Thanksgiving drive from Ft. Worth- San Antonio


i guess she's cozy in there


Celebrating Grandmas bday

How I get them inside from playing in snow, hot chocolate



photo by sophia while grocery shopping

my hubs on new years

she loves the minion play dough

new years day, trying to start dinners together every night.


No comments:

Post a Comment