Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 12, 2016

Colorado

In July we took our longest road trip to Colorado to visit my sister and family!We went back and forth on whether or not to drive or fly. Sophia strongly suggested we fly (she's our little traveler) but we are going to drive to TX for Thanksgiving this year so this was going to be a nice test run to see if we can even do a long road trip! Luckily it went very well. Our first little family road trip was a small 3 hour trip to Omaha, I was not a road trip person. I was like a child asking how much longer, how much further, gosh I feel like I've been in the car for hours (it was 30 minutes) So on the Colorado trip I thought I was going to die! But I found out I really like road trips, I just have to be the driver the entire time!! I liked packing snacks, games and all things that go along with family road tripping. And it is kind of peaceful driving on roads you've never drove before, seeing things you would have otherwise never seen. Ive heard how boring driving through Kansas
could be. But I found beauty in it. The never ending green fields, the many large wind turbines, cows, horses, the view of just plain earth meeting the sky with nothing in between. It was enjoyable. Lucky me I have a husband who can relax for 8 hours and watch videos and take cat naps. I was super happy the girls did so well. I worried about them getting sick, Brooke had a short spell a couple hours away from coming back to KC, but nothing too bad, nothing a little water and a short break couldn't fix.

no one puts Melissa in the passenger seat
Colorado...it is beautiful. I have never heard anything bad about it so I expected it would be a good time. But I had a great time and I loved the beauty of it and the activity the city offered! I think I am a little bit in love and another colorado trip is already in the talks. I am a big fan of Colorado! But the best thing was being able to see my sister who we have not seen in a LONG LONG time! My nephews are getting so big and are the sweetest boys you'd ever met, so handsome, my niece is a beautiful fun, silly smart little one! It was great getting all the kids together, they got  along so well and feel like Sophia and John are so similar, it was neat to see. My sister and I had some good quality sister time (except of the many interruptions often had with being moms) Rusty was very accommodating with allowing us time to climb the Manitou Incline! I love activity its fun to be able to do new challenging things and to do it with my sister who I don't get to see very often was the best.    We saw all we could in Colorado Springs and thank my sister for being our tour guide! It was a great visit! Looking forward to more!
thats better

The girls loved it and still say they miss their cousins, or when are they going to go to their cousins house! They had a great time. Although I think one of their highlight were just the hotel stays. They loved to see the room, pick their bed (each one slept with either rusty or I), and they had to have a pool. All in all we all had a great time!








Brooke was throwing a fit. 


Cousins!

Mountain climbers 


our hotel stays!



SO PRETTY

Park time!





Adorable Natalie!

During climb to the top! Earth beauty!


This girl was obsessed with climbing!


At the end. The girls were done!! And grumpy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment