Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 12, 2016

SCHOOL!!

Oh my I don't know where to start! It all started on a Thursday, 8/11/16  a day I will never forget. Okay seriously now. Sophia is in Kindergarten. I have a school aged child, our days M-F are now planned, no random vacays, or trips to TX at any ole time we want because now we have this thing called a school year. No more random shopping trips and enjoying some Smoothie King with my girls on a random Wednesday afternoon while everyone else is at work or school. It is a hard chapter to shut. It is a bit different for a stay at home mom vs a working mom. Working moms have to get up everyday, get ready take kids to daycare, go to work. (I know it is hard on working moms too! Please don't take this as i feel it is any easier on working moms, because I know its not.) I on the other hand am with them everyday and yes she did go to 3 day preK, and summer school, but now for 9 months I have a real schedule, which I hate, but love at the same time. It gets us out and early everyday, gives us more structure, I just hate being without her all day. I think its the hardest when for the first 5 year of her life, I was with her all day, everyday, I knew what she did each day, how much activity she had, what she learned and saw, I know each and every meal she put into her body. Now I have to let this go. (insert sobbing mom)

With all that she is the most AMAZING kid I could ask for. Sophia from the beginning was a learner, which I loved!! She loves leaving me and going out on her own. She really makes this process so much easier, I guess if I had to choose whether i had a kid who hated going to school each morning or one who was super eager, id choose the latter. So far so great, she loved her first two days and wants to go back tomorrow,  (Saturday) After the first day, she asked when is it going to be night, I said we had 4 more hours,I asked her why, she said she wanted to go to Kindergarten. That made me very happy. I am happy she is in school, happy she seems to have a real caring awesome teacher, I love nothing more than to see her grow and learn, education for my kids is very important to me (umm... and every other parent out there) This does give me some alone time with Brookie, which I can say I really really enjoy it, poor girls has to wait 3 years to get it, I can tell she loves it too.

Theres no turning back now, 5 years flew by, each chapter really gets better and better, but its hard to close them knowing they can never be opened again, and you only hope you cherished every second of each day while you were in it!





after school treat


No comments:

Post a Comment