Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Back to Work

  Plan was to go back to a full time job when Brooke started Kindergarten next year. The closer it got I worried about who would watch the girls on breaks, monthly half days, I still wanted to be the mom who went to all the classroom parties, had lunch with the girls on their birthdays, volunteer yada yada, I knew that would be close to impossible if I went back to a corporate job. So when an opportunity came for me to work during school hours, same exact days off I figured I had to jump on it! Its a teachers assistant position at Brooke's preschool, this is our 3rd  year at Sunbeams and I really like the school and am happy to work there. Brooke gets to go to work with me and a discount on tuition is a little perk of the job as well.
   It took some adjusting but we are in the second week and its getting easier. Its only 30 hours a week and I feel its a lot to keep up with home and plus keep up with my workouts! (suburban problems) WE have all gotten use to the new schedule. Brooke had the biggest problem, she went from staying home with me and going to pre school 2x a week part days, to 5 days a week 7 hours a day. She was exhausted for the first month or so before she really started to get into the groove. She loves it and I love seeing her everyday, seeing her grow as a student and making real friends. Oh gosh, her and her bff, they are the cutest match ever, they are two peas in a pod, I am so lucky to be able to see her whenever I want, its an amazing perk of the job. Now I need to break into the school district so I can always be with them at school! (attachment issues)  This job really is the best for when Rusty travels, when he is away its no big deal at all I take care of them and work when they are at school, there is no need for sitters or help, PERFECT!
  I do have a new appreciation for working moms. This is annoying I know but I really love my workouts, and when I realized how pressed I was for time to get them in i absolutely HATED IT. I realized how good I had it to be able to drop Sophia off to school leisurely take Brooke and I to the gym and get a great workout in, oh how I miss those days. Then afterwards wed make our way to the grocery store, run errands, get tasks done at the house, no where to really be. Those days went too fast!
cowgirl day

fire safety day

making school parties!


No comments:

Post a Comment