Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 22, 2018

New Home

  We have talked a lot about selling our home. Rusty always said soon, I thought no way, he thinks soon but well end up being here forever. Which honestly besides space, I love this house. It is full of our family memories, I can think of a memory in every corner of this home and the thought of leaving it makes me so sad to know  that we will no longer be in this home. But there is another side, the totally ecstatic side of me who is extremely excited and cant wait to make new memories in our new home.
  We had only a couple things we needed to do to home one fix our ceilings, paint, de clutter, really not too much. Going into this I thought it would be at least a month before we sold our home, but word on the street we are in a hot market right now, friends houses have been selling in hours! So needless to say the house went on the market on a Friday, at work I distracted with the 40 plus text approving showings. We had around 40 showings in day one, with a full asking price cash offer! Today was the inspection and if we passed then our home is sold officially!! It has been the smoothest thing ever.
  In regards to looking for a new home....Rusty and I totally did not see eye to eye on a home. I like the idea of a little used home that we could fix up just a little bit, nothing huge, not a real fixer upper. He wanted something brand new or on the newer side. Wow did we have discussions. But the following day after house went on market we went house shopping. I picked 4 we liked, first one was all mine. An older home, with LOTS of space, but needed new carpet, paint, kitchen update, but because of how big it was, it would have been a lot of money and work. We ended up making an offer on the 4th and last home. A brand new build which at this moment only has sheetrock up.  It was a home I had been eyeing for awhile. Its literally 5 minutes from our current home on a cul de sac which I love, but we totally lost our backyard privacy which was a must for me, but I guess not. 
  The home is scheduled to be done late March early April. Thankfully our buyer is allowing 60 days and are flexible in adding time if needed. The fun part is that we still get to pick cabinets, granite, all tile, carpet, plumbing fixtures, lighting and paint! Which is so fun, but also very scary! My fear is walking into the home like WHAT THE HECK DID I DO! But I'm sure it will be fine. So again this experience has gone so smoothly, I cant believe it! But I also am waiting for something to go wrong...isnt that what we all do, it can go this smoothly right? lol 






  

1 comment: