Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Making Those New Memories

  We have been in the home for about 5 months now. We love our new home and are happy with all the choices we made. The only regret is the wall color...which mind you its on EVERY wall. lol I meant to choose a light grey/ cream color, but the grey I chose had a blue tint i didn't see until it was over every wall in the house! Its not bad, its airy and bright, but not what I wanted. Luckily its an inexpensive fix, just not something we want to do anytime soon. There are some things here and there that we will need to do...small things like the sectional (which I still love) does not work the best in our family room, nor does our pull out sofa in the rec room...but with time it will come. And MICE

   We in all the years we have lived together literally never never had a mice issue. But  I read it is common on a new build, since it was open to the outside for sometime, it allowed them to get in the home and often times gets build into the home. Boy did they do some damage, they made holes in the baseboard and they ate up little pieces of the carpet in front of the holes. It took sometime to get rid of but luckily thats over with! Then our refrigerator leaked bc the water line was not tightened enough....causing our hardwood floors near fridge to buckle, luckily my dad was able to replace and repair it. Thank God for dads!

    I loved and still love/miss our old home. But the space we have now makes life more fluid for sure. No more bumping into each other and the walls constantly, and oh my...to have our own master with two sinks...wow...what a luxury for us. And laundry on the main level...another luxury I never though of.

  The main reason for moving was to have more of a family neighborhood, we have enjoyed it. We enjoy our nightly walks on our SIDEWALKS, and enjoy meeting all the new neighbors and the girls have made some new friends! Changing schools was not fun for me. Im still working on loving her new school, I cant help but compare and pick it apart. To be fair its a good school and I LOVE their new teachers, I just need to grow up and stop being a baby. The girls are happy, so I am happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment