Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Brooke is 7

  May 29, 2020 Brooke had her birthday party set at Expressions in Northtown to have a fun painting party. But due to the growing caution of what is Corona Virus - Covid 19 the party had to be canceled. Family and friends had to cancel plans to celebrate her day. But we tried to make her day special and she was such a trooper understanding why we had to cancel all plans. She still had her cinnamon rolls for breakfast, got take out from Spin Pizza at her request, and we baked her a strawberry birthday cake. We played outdoors, went for a walk opened present which were all shipped to our home. It was a different birthday but still one filled with fun and love.
    She is loving 1st grade and we are all in love with her teacher Mrs. Atkeson. She is the kindest person ever who loves her job and it shows! Brooke fell in love with her, she wants to buy her gifts all the time, she always says she will miss her over the weekend and breaks. And Mrs Atkeson only has the best things to say about Brooke. We've always known Broke has an extremely sweet side, her feelings are overflowing for other people, animals, and even insects. She's a true girl scout who loves the outdoors and knows that we do not harm creatures in their natural habitat. She will scold other kids if they step on ants or spiders outside. Since Covid and e learning her and Mrs. Atkeson have been writing letters back and forth to eachother. So very sweet.
  Brooke is not in dance and that's all me. I know kiddos can be in many many different extra curricular activities but I chose not to overwhelm. She loves soccer and is real good at it, and she loves her girl scouts. And honesty GS can keep us real busy. But I've said it for awhile I need to introduce her to dance class. The girl has danced to music in her head forever and I feel shed really love it. She will put on music in our garage where our workout area is, and work up a sweat dancing in the mirror.
  She is still our very silly girl who really has the funniest things to say, the goofiest faces and the biggest actress at times. I think physical comedy is her favorite. The girl loves to laugh and I swear the best thing to hear is her crack up at something she finds hilarious! Right now her entertainment are videos of animals doing funny things. I can't stress enough the sweetness that lives insider her. She will go to the fridge and get a chocolate milk for herself, see its the last one and give it to Sophia. I mean come on! Its over the top. She always thinks of others, even  me if i ask the girls if they want to hit up a trail, go on a bike ride, ect, and if they say no, she will see I'm not the happiest with that answer and because she's a sweet person pleaser she will say yes! Of course I don't take advantage of that...unless its a demand and not a suggestions.
  But like every kiddo (and girl) she has her sassy days, as much emotion she has, she can really express it to me in such a way she is persuasive and has me guessing my parental decision. I swear both girls sometimes have the best responses to discipline I'll have to stop and say they have valid points. Im lucky she can however stick up for herself, Ive seen her get mad or mean business when another kiddo is being unkind. I like to know she isn't too sweet where she would allow others to be bully like to her. Its so hard to teach them balance, its sad I feel that kiddos need to be able to stick up for themselves at such a young age, kids are a blessing and are amazing, but some kids can also be just plain mean...so the girls and I have lots of conversations about all different kinds of people and how we need to navigate through them. So difficult to do!
  Anyways! Happy Birthday Brookie! May your heart and soul always be kind and sweet! Love you most and always. Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment