Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 4, 2023

Life Update

 It's been a hot minute! Its 2023! The MacBook we had prior was from 2012 can you believe that. We only now got a new one. I mean with iPhones and iPads we were okay with an old computer we used once a year really to just do taxes on. The first thought about getting a new one was this blog I started almost over 12 years ago, mainly to serve as a journal of parenting. 


These kiddos are now 10 and 12. We conquered the first year of middle school, Brooke is done with 4th grade and will begin her last year in elementary school. Time really does go so darn fast. Sophia finished up her gymnastics season and has made it to next level Platinum. Brooke also finishing up her last tournament next weekend the she will have a little break over the summer with exception of some technical trainings. Her team will move up a division starting Fall. Both girls have kept us busy with events a little bit of travel. It's been fun, all the hustle and bustle, watching them grow to better athletes , confidence, and some struggles, they get through it. We will miss this one day. 


Sophia has a love for all things

- Kpop - Got to go to Chicago as a family to watch her favorite group Black Pink ( November 2022) Loves learning new dances and new groups

- Sugar- Yes I know all kiddos love sugar, but I worry about this one. I try to limit what is in the house but somehow she always gets her hands on something. She does not like to eat meat, so getting protein in this girl is difficult as she really is a picky eater I guess. Protein shakes is her go to, to make me happy anyways. 

- She is a really good student! She works really hard at school. She is very independent. Literally wakes her up early at 6:05 am gets herself ready. Super independent. She is great at studying for her tests and being prepared. I was super nervous about this transition but this kid has always surprised me with school. From the first day of Kindergarten when she walked in and was like peace mom, I got this. Ive been there when she's needed me, but this girl is me. She's got it. She knows what is needed, she disciplined.

- Gymnastics is her thing! As with school and determination, she loves to learn new skills and works hard to get it down. 


Brooke- 

- Loves to dance, I sometimes hate I never got her in to dance, but this girls loves to bust moves when songs hit

- Slime/puddy/ all things messy. Every christmas/birthday this girl asks for all things slime kits ect. She aways is mixing  things. She loves looking at DIY and gets creative with at home ingredients

- Make up!  I never wanted the girls to wear make up daily! However this girl loves mascara, everyday she has it on. 

- Soccer- watching/playing practicing, she likes it all. Fav player is obviously Alex Morgan, she shares her number 13

-Friends. Loves to FaceTime and talk to friends on the phone, playdates, soccer team mates

- Stuffed animals- she has  a bunch still she will not allow me to get rid of. She sleeps with them and discs when you lay on them.. like they are hurting, She's always been a very caring soul

- Comedy- This girl CRACKS me up. Great sense of humor. Makes fun of me all the time and I love it. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment