Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My (almost) 3 year old

    Sophia! Sophia! Sophia! She's going to be 3 in a month in a half, I cannot believe it, she is like my little friend a little adult, no longer a baby. I guess she hasn't been a baby for some time now, but she really is like an adult. She will see a piece of something on the floor pick it up and put in trash, or when we are leaving the grocery store I always have to ask for her hand due to we are about to go into the parking lot, she always does, but not before saying while placing her hands on her chest, " Mom, I'm right here!" Or telling me my blouse is pretty, or she loves my hair. In the car, when Brooke cries she will make her laugh or say, "It's okay Brookie, we are almost home!", she'll tell me to take a right or a left when driving, point out the moon during the day, she's a great negotiator, know when to flash a toothy grin to get her way, know how to pick up her room, can have small conversations, works the mac and phones like a little pro. Still our little active monkey, she climbs on the kitchen counter to look in cabinets to get what she wants (Goldfish, fruit snacks, apple sauce ext) she climbs on her bed and jumps off, not just the mattress but the actual bed! (So excited for her 3rd birthday we are getting her a big girl bed and converting her room into a big girls room) She scales any object she can, she takes some nasty and hard falls, and I'm not kidding all would agree with me she can take a fall. I get so worried when I see her fall hard, I try not to react, but she gets right up and brushes it off then goes off to play again, she's a tuffy! Part of the reason for gymnastics!
   She started Gymnastics at Edge, so far so good until tonight.  Her class usually consists of 3 maybe 4 at times, this time there was 8. Can you imagine? It was redid and Sophia basically learned and did nothing because there were too many little ones, I hope this is the last time it is like this, if not no more Edge. She usually does great and loves going, mainly she will talk about "the other kids" more so than gymnastics, she likes the socializing and I know she misses it. Preschool is just not an option right now, although we will make sure she is in it next year to get get a full year prior to Kindergarden. She listens really well and enjoys the gymnastics.
    I try really hard with Sophia to teach so that when she is in Preschool and Kindergarden she is ahead, and I think she's on track. She can count only to 10 so far, alphabet is down, she knows all shapes and colors, She can recognize numbers and letters, we have just started trying to actually write letters and numbers. I think her speech is where she needs to be, Rusty always says he wishes she was further a long but I think she is fine. I think she is just so smart and fun. Frozen is her new thing, she will act each part out, when they sing and dance or just act she is mocking the whole movie! Outside is her favorite place! Just yesterday I had to cook dinner and watch Brooke inside, Sophia wanted to stay out so I let her, Rusty is gone for the week. I look out the window to check on her and I can't see her so I run outside. I hear her crying on the side of the house, I run faster to her cry, she is stuck! There is ONE piece of fence missing she decided to stick her head out and it got stuck! I run over to her and try to calm her down, she's tense and crazy upset. I try to squeeze her head back out, it will not go mainly because Sophia is fighting me, I knew it wasn't going to come out and I was not going to calm her down. Rusty knew part of it because I was on the phone with him when I threw it down once I saw Sophia. I then decided to block Sophia's head and kick out the other picket to get her out, it worked and she was perfectly fine, just a bit scared. I called rusty to  inform that all was okay, which by then he already called our neighbor who eventually came over apologizing that he didn't answer in time to help. He's a very nice man who we always help shoveling each others drive in the winter. He came over to fix the two pieces of fence! Great man!
    Best words to describe Sophia, my little sassy, smart, active, sweetheart with a temper! Love her to no end, can't believe she's going to be three.










has an OBSESSION with big rocks, have a million pics of her on  them




can never have enough mommy and daughter selfies






Our Pirate faces, Arggg




Our little one started an only child where she was the center of all's lives! She was our only little one who had everything and everyone's attention all the time. Who wouldn't love that forever? Okay, maybe, but Sophia was meant to be a sister, she is so amazing with Brooke, and now that Brooke is getting older seeing her be a big sister is the best thing ever! We all know there are times where our sassy Sophia can be a bit mean and selfish to her little sister, but that's a big sister's job, makes for a tougher little sister. But she cares so much for her and will go into her room when she crys (which can be a problem at times) Love having two!






















No comments:

Post a Comment