Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Birthdays and Mother's Day

  Sophia's and Brooke's birthdays are now in the past! Let me tell you I almost did not have Sophia a birthday party, only because after planning Brooke's first one I was not ready to start planning a second one, I waited last minute to do so. It would have been wrong to not give her a party too, and it was a fun one. My job (yes I know its just a serving job) is a bit short staffed recently and it is very hard to get my Saturday AM shift covered so to prevent from any issues we last minute had to move the party to Friday which I am grateful for those who were able to still make it, but had complete understanding for those who could not. We went with a Cowgirl/Horse/Western themed party. She loves horses and I can't wait to actually take her to ride one, we pass them all the time on a backroad home she always points them out. I tried to look into the whole petting zoo and at home pony rides, but thought I would save that for when she was older and more kids were involved.
   With having two girls birthdays two months apart, I thought about having their birthdays together from here on out until they are old enough to say they don't want to anymore. I have 50/50 responses on it. My sister and I had our birthdays together when were were younger we were 1 month apart in birthdays, we liked it a lot because there was always more kids because we had both of our friends over, making it more fun.  It makes it so much easier, and I hate inviting the same people










e people twice so close together to our kids's birthdays. This is still a conversation but it seems so easy.

  Mother's day will always be the Sunday of Sophia's birthday, we really did nothing, and I was super okay with that! My job lets all moms off for Mother's Day which I love about that place, so I truly just enjoyed waking up with the family and enjoying the day with no work involved. I got to get my hair cut which is all I asked for really since I had not had my hair touched since Brooke was 4 months!!! Although you really can't tell, I am so use to it long I only got a little taken off. And I got to go on a run. But my husband surprised me on Thursday. He told me to keep thursday evening open, which I automatically assumed he wanted to go golfing. He told me to play along, and to do no snooping to find out anything, and I didn't. So he comes home from work, comes upstairs with the perfect mother's day card and a gift card from Piropos. I thought maybe we were going out to dinner until my mom came up the stairs saying, "Surprise!" then I knew my mom and I were going. Which I was super excited about. My mom and I never get to go out and have a nice dinner and drinks or if we ever go out to eat it's with the girls. So we enjoyed our great food and wine and each other being able to just care for ourselves and enjoy our time together. It was the perfect gift from Rusty.
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment