Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Terrible Twos and being 30

   I thought Sophia's terrible twos was going to break me as a mother. I truly thought there was nothing I could do to handle them. Yes I was a first time mom and it was my first time dealing with them and yes I can get embarrassed easily. She is now way out of them, she has her attitude and will throw a fit here and there but thank goodness she is done with that. But of course we have a little Brooke who is now going to be 15 months and she is definitely in that terrible two stage. I know it starts before two and lasts after two. So like I said I thought Sophia was going to break me, I was wrong, I think Brooke will break me. She is worse than I ever thought Sophia was. Although I at times think maybe they were equally as bad, its just that now Sophia's was in the past and so I look back on it differently. Anywho, this little girl will cry and throw a fit at any little thing. At times during a fit or before she throws it, it gives me a bit of a panic because it's a cry like she is in pain! It can be a sharp yell with a flood coming out of her eyes, I now know she is amazing at throwing fits and don't react as much to them. Going out to eat she is high maintenance, being in the service industry (still) I know etiquette  and try to pick up all things she throw on floor, will eat at off times to avoid bothering other people, and go kid friendly places. Not only are her fits loud and full body throwing they seem to last forever, it takes all I have to calm her down, or get her to quiet. I love that little monkey more than anything but I think my Sophia is my easy kid. If there is such thing.
  Not too much to talk about... Fourth of July was a good time, we went to a parade and my parents for the celebration, and Papi was in town for a nice visit. We have enjoyed the summer in the backyard, parks, and the Zona fountains, I turned !30!, fun family nights outside. Looking forward to Rusty and I going to CA in September! It is literally the only trip in almost 11 years that we have ever taken with just the two of us. I love visiting family but anytime we ever went out of town it was to visit family, so we are looking forward to it!!Not sure what exactly we are doing but we are planning on San Diego, looking forward to beach, kayaking, dinners, hiking, nightlife, alone time, golfing ( not so much golfing...but this is Rusty's vaca too!
    Turing 30 isn't the best number wise, but I am happy with where I am, I found my partner in life, have the college degree (whatever that means), two beautiful girls, own a home, have a job I am happy with that makes income and lets me be with my girls, I can't complain! I am ready for the thirties, I think they may be my best yet. I was worried I would be that girl who really stressed about no longer being in her 20s, but I was not. Although I do hate the idea of getting older because that only means the people around you are getting older, mainly meaning grandparents. My grandparents are not in the best of health and seeing them makes me sad, and miss being younger in order to see them in better years. It's amazing to me how fast time can really go, and how much we can get caught in our own lives we sometimes forget about spending time with others we love. You can never get back time. Cherish the time we have.










No comments:

Post a Comment