Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Just the Two of Us

 September 16th Rusty and I set out to to our mini vacation to San Diego! It was supposed to be a little celebration for our 5 years, just 3 months late. We went for only two days, which looking for the future all mini vacas has to be at LEAST 3 days, didn't get to do all we really wanted to do. But I was a super relaxed person, as was Rusty! You can tell we were in our 30's with children, who takes naps on their vacation in beautiful California? These two! I had never been to califonia beaches, needless to say I loved all of it. The scenery was beautiful, weather was a bit warmer than normal, and I think what I would like most about  CA beaches is that they are cooler.  I could have only walked the beaches the entire vacation and I would have been satisfied. The ocean is beautiful and scary to me, its so large, unpredictable and all things mother nature, the sound of it the sight of it... ahhhhh.
A grave on the trail, I think he was attacked by a lion. jk theres a story
   Most of the vacation was spent walking beaches, hiking, napping, eating and eating. Food was great, ate lot of fish tacos and sushi. I really think of myself as a person who loves things outdoors and active, but then I go out to do all these things and I am the biggest loser ever! I get scared of the bees in my backyard to where if they come around too many times I pack it up and go indoors! I was was a chicken at the beach if I felt something on my foot, also while hiking I was in fear of seeing rattlesnakes or mountain lions!! Okay I think that fair, I thought the entire time, I do not want to be a story on the news to where a mom goes to CA for vacation and dies from a mountain lion. But once I saw there were others on trail who weren't mangled I went for it! Thats all I can say, it was a much needed break for Rusty and  I to have some alone time and recharge. Thanks to all who made this possible, especially my mother in law and Nise who watched the girls while we were away and took such great care of them!!








Scared! I could hear the water coming and didn't know how close it was, obvi it wasn't very close. 







Little gift from in laws, cheese and wine, they know me well. Plus the hotel upgraded our room to a jacuzzi king suite. 

Sorry, but I had to take a photo before I took a nap! It was the best ever. 



I had to show this. Rusty was so happy to be a Hertz Gold member, no waiting in line! Then we get to our car and it's the smallest little car ever! lol  But its all we really needed. Good on gas and got us into some tight spaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment