Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Halloween/ Brooke 19 months

I have been horrible about keeping up. Halloween was really enjoyable! I have not been a big Halloween person, I have never dressed up, I can't tell you the last time I dressed up for halloween, but had to be maybe even before high school. I really enjoyed putting all the costumes together. Sophia was a witch, Brooke, a black cat, Rusty and I were scarecrows although lots assumed we were Raggedy Anne and Andy. Making the tutus were fun, and thrift shopping for Rusty and I's costumes was also enjoyable. Girls enjoyed trick or treating, more so Sophia than Brooke. It was oh so cold, but we used a wagon with blankets to pull the girls around for a bit.




    Brooke is now 19 months, and I have baby fever more than ever! I feel I talk about this every blog, but it's not goes away. We had a meeting at work today and a co worker bought her 5 month old.. I gushed, I am becoming one of those women who ask to hold other's babies!!!! I hated those types of women! lol 
  Brooke is a big girl now, no longer my baby. She loves to play monsters (we make scary noises and chase her around the house) starting to like books more than she used to, still eats most foods, although she is becoming more particular with it, (boo) a fun little girl!  Playing with Sophia gets better and better as Brooke gets older. Brooke can be Sophia's biggest fan, she thinks she is so funny. Brooke is starting to stick up for herself more  when Sophia tries to take her toys. (Don't mess with Brooke on a bad day), loves pulling all things out of purse, or baby bag, getting into things she's not supposed to be, she loves her daddy!! We are in that stage now, I know she is supposed to love her daddy, but she is at that stage  where she favors him a bit more (sigh) 

I did have some worries, I have learned that no two pregnancies are alike, nor are the kids themselves. Brooke still isn't talking very well or much. Words are seldom and barely says mommy and daddy, or any other words you would expect an 19 month to say. With that said, she knows and understands lots of things, she just won't talk, her 18 month check up I was very emotional and upset with the response from the doctor, well not the response but the whole explaining of Brooke's development and worries. All I know is what I learned from Sophia, so naturally I expected Brooke to develop the same way, and when she didn't I automatically worried. Doctors of course start to be concerned for obvious reasons. It was talking to other moms with kids the same ages and who had more than one kid when I felt some relief! They all talked about how their second or third child did not talk until after they were 2, and doctors did the same tests and observaions but in the end their children were just fine! I work with her non stop trying to get somewhere, but I know she will get there when she is ready. There's a bit of guilt I felt, thinking I didn't work with Brooke as much as Sophia because there are two and not just one anymore, plus work and life. I love this girl, I know she is a smart girl but I hope she will get to talking and communicating more in the next few months.







She loves to dance to music in car

She is my mini me! 

I love this chair! she will carry it anywhere in the yard and just sit! 



Her cheese face! She will try to show all her teeth!




Can use a utensil but chooses not to!  
Mac and Cheese, but we thought it looked like honey, hence Winnie


No comments:

Post a Comment