Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving 2015

we made it on the plane
   We usually fly down when Rusty is off of work the night before Thanksgiving. By the time we are in and at the house it is usually 11:00pm, the girls are all thrown off and not in the best  moods, especially when we have to wake up early the next morning to go to the Turkey Trot. So my mother in law suggested I fly in Tuesday with the girls, and Rusty later. I agreed. Once time got closer the more I started to worry about me flying with both girls and no help. I think I had a nightmare about it. Like always I prepare and expect the worse, only to be pleasantly surprised! It was a lot easier than I thought. Sophia is at an age where she listens and follows directions, which was extremely helpful. Brooke is at the age where she does what she wants, walks where she wants, and throws a fit if you tell her otherwise, lucky for me I contained her and entertained her enough it wasn't an issue! I was super happy with myself and the girls this was not a nightmare!!!
uncle rick and papa cutting turkey
    It was nice spending an extra day in a half with everyone, the girls jumped right into their routine and loved exploring the house together, which was fun for them, except we had to follow them to make sure they weren't getting into anything, but they were good, mainly looking for the two cats most of the time. They enjoyed their time will each family member that was there. There were 15 of us this year. We did all the traditional things, -the turkey trot, came in first, second in my age group, (perk of being 30?) Rusty came in after me, shocking since he didn't even train. It was very cold, my toes started to go numb. -the cook off, Rusty and his Aunt Nise cook a their dishes both very good - pancake breakfast -sausage balls, always a good snack - of course all the delicious sweets -coffee pot after coffee pot (thanks to aunt Tee we get to try all her delicious coffee mate flavors)- movies (saw Mockingjay, amazing)- golf, -backyard play - Christmas decorating -got introduced to Serial (finished the 9 episodes) There was one change this year, a Thanksgiving Day Parade! They have it the day after which is way convenient. It was so much fun. The girls LOVED it, especially Brooke. She stood on my legs dancing, waving and clapping her hands. I love each Thanksgiving visit and all the traditions, old and new.
     I know last blog I talked about how Brooke was not talking very much. But literally the day we landed in TX she started talking. All family who knew my concerns with her confirmed that she is doing great, like she has been like this the whole time, until I informed that that her talking like this literally just started this day! IT was so weird. She said down a lot when she was in her high chair, cats meow, now when I say thank you she says "come" instead of welcome, up, snack, these all in a matter of a few days. She understands so much more than she talks, when I say lets go brush our teeth, she goes straight to the bathroom gets the stool and is ready to brush her teeth.

she was more crazy than this

..more than this. Didn't get the best photo



plating for the cook off



intense cooking mode
Playing

sheep ears from Ireland from Granny B


craft with Nana!

Pre race injury, walked into a bush. 

decorated the tree

girls watching movie in our room

run results

great podcast
   

No comments:

Post a Comment