Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Christmas and New Years

    Playing catch up with this blog! Christmas was nice like always, same ol' same ol' stayed in Kansas City to celebrate with my family. Had our own Christmas morning with our egg nog french toast, then off to parents for gifts and diner. Rusty also had a birthday gift was a trip to Vegas with his sister, brother and dad. He had a great time and was happy to finally be able to visit Vegas. He is a gambler and I truly do not enjoy it anymore, I thought it was best to go on without me. 

    Girls had a nice Christmas, and I  really try to instill the Christmas spirit in them. I want them to just enjoy all things Christmas! We jammed out to Christmas music daily,  read Christmas books to understand what Christmas really is, saw lots of Christmas lights, and watched Christmas movies like crazy. Sophia fell in love with her first non cartoon movie...HOME ALONE! She loved it so much, we watched it so many times, she was asking to watch after Christmas time and I had to tell her it was no longer on TV and I eventually deleted off the DVR. She loved Kevin and the mean burglars. There was a couple days where she was saying a sentence ending with the word ..animals. I finally on the third day clearly heard what she was saying "Keep the change you filthy animal!" I died laughing, from the whole movie this is the phrase she wanted to mock all the time. Brookie loved the movie too where she would place her hands on there cheeks and scream every time it was on. Best thing about Christmas is the magic children see in it. 
     During Thanksgiving I think I was the most sick I had ever been in my life. I was miserable, and flying back to KC from Dallas...I have no words, it just was not fun. Eventually after two weeks I finally went to Doctors to get on an antibiotic (PS I never go to doctors and I eventually cure myself, so this was a big deal) Once I started to feel better of course it made its rounds to everyone, we eventually had a few weeks but back to being sick for the past month!! I never had this moment as a mom until now! The moment where you want to throw in the towel and give up! Constant blowing noses, vicks rub, humidifiers, sanitizing, hydrating, and all other things over and over only to remain sick, you start to feel like your are failing  your kids health! They did not have any flu just constant cough and runny noses. We today (FEBUARY) are on the mends I do believe! Fingers crossed! 

    New Years was again same ol' same ol' We actually stayed up after midnight, saw a few fire works and eventually went to bed! We wanted to start the new year off right at the gym! Hope you too had a great holiday season, and a great 2015!

In igloo waiting to see Santa. 
She has a history with her faces in front of the Christmas tree. Last years was her grumpy face. 



At Grandma's and Grandpa's with their Elsa dolls. 
Crown Center lights 
Santa's snack, and her super cool pose. 



Ready to dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment