Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 24, 2015

I have a 2 & 4 year old!

  March 29th my littlest one turned the big 2. We decided to go with throwing their birthdays together due to there is a trip in May for sis in laws graduation!! But also for connivence. I will probably do this until they say no.


  The week following up to birthday time Rusty had PTO and we did a short trip do
wn to Dallas for a visit. They had a great time with the family. I decided since we are down for a pure visit, no real celebration like a birthday or thanksgiving I wanted to something in Dallas (touristy) since we are form KC and we are a bit picky with it I wanted to try some TX BBQ so we went to Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum, super cute district! The place was busy, we were sure to wear our KC gear, there was a guy we passed that started chanting "Lets go Royals!" made me smile! Ambience was so super cute with outside picnic seating, and lights, super cute, BBQ was good, sauce okay, it was good, not KC good.  Still very enjoyable.  My father in law took us to Fossil Run Rim Wildlife Center where we had an amazing time. It was really neat to be able to see, feed and be close to these animals. Found my new fav animal, Giraffe, I don't know, they are so bit, but so muscular, and most importantly they look so clean!  Typically if I was to see these animals on my own in the open I would have ran terrified in the opposite direction!! But the car between us and them made me oh so brave! Sophia loved it, she has no fear of anything, which encourage her everyday to keep! Brooke on the other had wasn't to interested, lol, she kinda just chilled eating her snacks and looking out window occasionally. She's can be oh so laid back sometimes. We came back a couple days prior to party.


   So I have a 2 and 3 year old, I felt a bit bad because Sophia keeps saying she's 4, we tell her she is still 3 and in May she will be 4, having her bday party early causes some confusion! We plan on doing special events on each of their birthdays, but as far as the "celebration" it will be together.  Both girls had a great time on their day. I love the idea of having their birthdays away from the house, umm hello, no mess to pick up!! Purely entertaining for the kids, food provided they also assisted with present opening and made the list of presents and from who, it was so easy to do it this way, cost a bit but when you think about putting a party on for two its most likely same price if not less. Best part I had a blast too, but my husband had more so. He was going around to each play area like a child, I don't think we even talked to each other during the party due to he was playing the entire time. I was happy to show the girls a great time, looking forward to many more.


                                    She's 2

  Brooke's 2 year check up went well, she's a healthy little girl. Her 18 month was not so well due to the fact she was behind on all things and I was worried for a short bit. But she is catching up now and is getting better everyday. She speaks so much more now, she knows so many more words than she says. I work on flashcards with her, she can point out all 26 cards when I call their names, but she will only say maybe 15 of them, I feel she is a bit stubborn. She still doesn't listen to me very well. The other day she made me look like a mother who has no control over her kid! When we shop she likes to get in the cart with the car on the front, Sophia won't sit in there with her because "she keeps touching her" Brooke doesn't mind it to herself, anyways, Brooke decides when I stop to make a break for it, she climbs out and jets down the aisle, Sophia yells at me "Don't worry mom Ill get her!",and starts to run. I have to shout for Sophia to come back to the cart sit and wait for me, I then do a run without looking like a panicked mom , that girl can move pretty fast, she was two aisles over laughing her butt off, as was all people around. Horrible moment for me as a mom, but I hate I cannot help but laugh. I still love her and Sophia together, they have their arguments but the are becoming less and less. I love her laugh, she laughs the hardest at her big sister, she is still the sweetest girl and will share all she has, I love her kisses, and how she says "Love too" when you say I love you. I love you my little Brookie!


I almost forgot, her favorite thing now is bubbles!! 

She really enjoys our bed and just relaxing

She has true skill. She will try and climb the impossible, esp on our hikes

our date night




I'm her mom, bur she is super cool!


Playing with Heidi

MY fav thing to do with girls, trails!!

Could she find a bigger one?


I so LOVE these two!
Texas heat



Napping with Mi Mouse

















]




1 comment:

  1. They are both just so cute!! Wish we could've made the party!

    ReplyDelete