Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Update


I can't keep up! Rusty had gotten a new position at work in January, not until April did we really experience what the new job was going to be like. Its a mini catastrophe position which is up to 80% travel, it was a good opportunity for us career/financially so we took it. So in April we had 3 weeks without dad, and since then 2 more of those 3 week deployments. First one was the hardest on all four of us, the ones following were a lot easier, we just had to get into our new routines. One great thing is after the 3 weeks, there are 5 rest days where he is home and that allows us to catch up and spend quality time together. Once Fall is here he should be home more and more. But when we had those first 5 days we decided to go to Omaha and take the girls to the zoo which was a blast, our first little road trip. Girls liked the animals, we love the aquarium and especially the penguins. We took the girls on the ski lift looking thing over the park it was an experience. I. was.scared. I am getting old and am now afraid of heights, I had Sophia with me, I was holding her extremely tight and I was too scared to look back at Rusty and Brooke, so I just kept yelling to Rusty to hold on to Brookie! Sophia eventually was my brave here, she had to tell me to let her go and then asked me if I was scared. I stared at her and lied! I said no I was not, but then continued to hold on to her. I think she knew. We  drove to Lincoln to stay with some friends and then drove back to KC the next morning. Great trip, and the girls did great driving. And I LOVE it, but am a bit jealous when Rusty comes home the girls are oh so all about daddy. They want him for everything, which I guess is a good thing since I get a break. 

    With Rusty gone the girls and I stay busy with running, playing at park, gym time, painting, trailing, playing, picnics, it all would be more enjoyable with Rusty but we get by. The girls are still very active funny girls. Brooke is growing more into her own, and Sophia is becoming the stereotypical bigger sister. She will be mean and bossy and get what she wants, but still very protective and sweet to her little sister. Although Sophia will be mean at times, Brookie has really started to stand her ground with Sophia more and more. It's neat to see their relationship develop and see how they are with each other, I really can watch them all day and never get tired of it. Today we went to the water park, and they are not water babies, we didn't do well with water except in the backyard kiddo pool. Sophia was a bit reserved but Brooke is fearless still and went diving right in, she kept running out of water, putting her arms up and running back into water. She is just a free spirit, she's brave and still doesn't listen. Sophia is very much the "let me test this out first" kind of person, still crazy and active in the water only after seeing her limitations first. I love personality and seeing how it comes about, they are sisters, in the same home, same parenting, but different people. 
    Brookie's still kind of generous and sweet, but kind of mean. The weirdest thing she does now is when she falls (which she does a lot, very much accident-prone like me) she will jump up and keep going, but when a harder fall comes she will stop and yell "Go away!" while putting her little hand up to me. All I am trying to do is come to her to see if she is okay, but she wants nothing to do with it. She's so physically tough, but emotionally when Sophia yells or is mean and Brooke's feelings are hurt she will let me hold her and cuddle as much as I want. Interesting. Sophia is her little adult self, very sweet, will tell you how much she loves you, kiss you, say your the best, randomly during the day. But will also tell you she doesn't love you anymore, or to leave her alone, and the famous go away. But she  is a kid and goes through her moods. Waking up in the morning she is typically not a morning person, a bit of a grouch until her milk and cereal arrives, then its all fun and games. She also has obsession with eating at a restaurant, its so cute when she says it, her favorite meals are cheese quesadillas, or turkey sandwiches. lol 
    They both have a goof ball side to them which is my favorite. I love seeing kids be kids and wish that the freeness in being who you are and who you want to be would last forever. I just see that fade as we get older, with caring about what your peers thing of you, that high school mentality where we start to really care what others think of us more than we do. We saw Inside Out the other day and I cried, tears rolling down...(embarrassing)...just about life and growing older.





example of our free spirit running where she wants to

princess

fairytale exhibit

running free

so cute together

artists

sisterly love

on her actual birthday she requested quesadillas

my grandmas 80th


bubbles with Sophia's sassy face



still loves her shakes

Sophia and daddy time



she was walking like a gorilla
   

No comments:

Post a Comment