Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sophia is 7


  Lucky number 7! Again and again and again, I CANNOT believe it! I mean double digits is 3 years away! And oh man I didn't think 7 year olds were like this! The attitude that comes with seven year old girls is not what I was expecting. There are times when I have to discipline her or talk to her about her behavior or attitude, and she will come back with the a  sarcastic tone, or a surprising response to where my mind blanks... and just think...um...where did that come from, how do I respond to this as a mom...and why am I having to at 7! I find myself looking up articles of "how to" deal with sassy girls or teenagers just so that I am ready because man it can only get worse and I refuse to be unprepared.
  I remember the kid Sophia, she was so darn silly (she still is) but as she gets older she is a serious girl. When she is in her moods she is in her moods and nothing can change that, unless you try real hard to make a darn good joke, or tickle her. She so reminds me of me. I love to see it but I find myself telling her to relax, don't take it so seriously. I love it because it does maker her a great student, and amazing learner, she will work hard for hours, drawing, writing, or working on her gymnastics, she's a worker for sure. But I miss her taking being a silly girl majority of the time. Sophia is serious Brooke is more of the carefree silly one (thus far) I like to think they will compliment each other well in the future, they can  help balance each other out!!
  Sophia, like her sister, has a kind soul. She may not show it as much, but she knows and has learned to love and care for all people around her. She is a big thinker with big ideas. She  has a great imagination and loves to come up with stories. She at one time wanted to be doctor which I loved to hear. Then I loved that she came up with an engineer, she wants to come up with robots or invent things, she then wanted to be an author/illustrator, I love she seems to be a creator. 
  I teach her to be proud of who she is, be proud of what you like. I share the popular advice, be you because everyone else is already taken...she is at an age where kids will make comments about things you like. She had a group of girls they were chatting about things and Sophia bought up Pokeman, they laughed and said that was a "boy" thing and she felt embarrassed by it...it was sad to watch. But thats life she will deal with many situations like these. I love that she likes what she likes and doesn't let other alter that about her.
  The girl can be dramatic, she asked to get her ears pierced so we did it! She loved them until they got a a little infected and we had to start cleaning them out. And man did she throw dramatic fits, it took FOREVER to clean them. We thought she had strep so took her to the doctors and oh boy was that a process, I had to talk and talk and reassure her over and over again all would be okay, and explain in detail what any why we had to swab her throat. With that said... she is a strong cookie. She loves gymnastics and loves to practice day and night, her day is full of many cartwheels, bridges, and any kind of flips she can get in!
  She is a great big sister. She looks out for Brooke and she walked Brooke to her class every morning  when she started school...until Brooke told her she could take herself. She looks out for Brooke and when they are not fighting she is the caring mother to Brooke.
Love these two most and always! 
Love spending one on one time with this girl


Shes still silly...when she wants to be


She will soar

Strong girl



So sweet!

She loves her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment